+49 711 685-83123
- Correlates of prosodic phrasing
- The syntax-prosody interface
- Prosody and information structure
- Optimality Theory
- Schubö, Fabian. 2018. Syntactic and Prosodic Constraints on Intonation Phrase Formation in German. Doctoral dissertation. Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main.
- Schubö, Fabian. 2016. Detecting Intonation Phrase boundaries in German laboratory speech by means of H tone upstep. Proceedings of Speech Prosody 8. 262-266.
- Schubö, Fabian, Anna Roth, Viviana Haase and Caroline Féry. 2015. Experimental investigations on the prosodic realization of restrictive and appositive relative clauses in German. Lingua 65-86.
- Surányi, Balázs, Shinichiro Ishihara and Fabian Schubö. 2012. Syntax–prosody mapping, topic–comment structure and stress–focus correspondence in Hungarian. In Pilar Prieto and Gorka Elordieta (eds.) Prosody and Meaning. Berlin: Mouton de Gruyter. 35-71.
- Féry, Caroline and Fabian Schubö. 2011. Hierarchical prosodic structures in the intonation of center-embedded relative clauses. The Linguistic Review27:3. Berlin: Mouton de Gruyter. 293-317.
- Pre-boundary lengthening in a cross-linguistic perspective. Invited talk at the Neurolinguistics Colloquium, University of Potsdam, Linguistics Department, 9 July 2019.
- Intonation Phrase formation in narrow focus constructions. Invited talk at The Interface of Prosody and Information Structure (IPS), University of Düsseldorf, Germany, 17-18 June 2016.
- Detecting Intonation Phrase boundaries in German laboratory speech by means of H tone upstep. Poster at Speech Prosody 8, University of Boston, USA, 31 May-3 June 2016.
- The impact of focus and givenness on German Intonation Phrase structure. Poster at Prosody and Information Structure in Stuttgart (PINS), University of Stuttgart, Germany, 22-23 March 2016.
- Prosodic phrasing in German narrow focus constructions. Poster at Modelling Variability in Speech, University of Stuttgart, Germany, 1-2 October 2015.
- Prosodic phrasing in German narrow focus constructions. Poster at Experimental and Theoretical Advances in Prosody (ETAP) 3, University of Illinois, Urbana/Champaign, USA, 28-30 May 2015.
- Intonation Phrase formation in German narrow focus constructions. Talk at Theoretical and Empirical Perspectives on the Interrelation of Syntax, Semantics and Prosody, University of Cologne, Germany, 1-2 December 2014.
- Multiple positions of default sentence-level prominence: meeting focus prominence in Hungarian [with Shinichiro Ishihara and Balázs Surányi]. Poster at Tone and Intonation in Europe (TIE) 2014, Utrecht University, Netherlands, 10-12 September 2014.
- The prosodic realization of broad and narrow focus in Hungarian [with Susanne Genzel, Shinichiro Ishihara, Balázs Surányi and Ádám Szalontai]. Talk at the 35th Annual Conference of the German Linguistic Society (DGfS), University of Potsdam, Germany, 12-15 March 2013.
- The prosodic realization of broad and narrow focus in Hungarian [mit Susanne Genzel, Shinichiro Ishihara, Sara Myrberg, Balázs Surányi und Ádam Szalontai]. Talk at Tone and Intonation in Europe (TIE) 2012, University of Oxford, UK, 6-8 September 2012.
- German intonation phrases and the phonology-syntax interface. Talk at the Old World Conference in Phonology (OCP) 9, Workshop on the Phonology-Syntax Interface, Zentrum für Allgemeine Sprachwissenschaft (ZAS), Berlin, Germany, 18 January 2012.
- Prosodic recursion in German complex clause configurations. Poster at Experimental and Theoretical Advances in Prosody (ETAP) 2, McGill University, Montreal, Canada, 23-25 September 2011.
- Recursion in German intonation phrase structure. Talk at the Central European Conference in Linguistics for Graduate Students (CECILS), Pázmány Péter Catholic University, Piliscsaba, Hungary, 30-31 August 2011.
University of Stuttgart:
- Advanced Phonology
- Basic Phonetics and Phonology
- Morphological Theory
- Phonologie I
School for speech therapists, University Hospital Tübingen:
- Pre-boundary lengthening in a cross-linguistic perspective, University of Stuttgart, funded by the DFG (since 02/2019)
- Investigations on the prosody of restrictive and non-restrictive relative clauses (RPR), Research Unit 1783: Relative Clauses, Goethe-University Frankfurt, funded by the DFG (09/2011 – 09/2012)
- The prosody of focus, topic and givenness in Hungarian, German-Hungarian exchange project, funded by the DAAD und OTKA (01/2012 – 12/2014)